It is a very popular wadi located in the Al Sharqiyah region in Oman. Tourists usually come here for the nature, swim in the fresh water pools or simply to have a barbecue. It lies 140 kilometres from Muscat, located in Tiwi, part of Sur in Al Sharqiyah South Governorate. Certain areas can be covered by boat and some people take pleasure in a refreshing hike through this mountainous region. The key attractive spot of the wadi is the water fall in the cave. You can have an adventurous and thrilling journey to reach here after a roughly 40 minutes of hike and swimming in 2-3 pools. And the pools are always full with clear blue water!
A combination of high rise mountains and endless shoreline at such close proximity is the highlight of the scenic beauty of this place. Some proactive measures taken by the government makes the overall journey to the place safe and comfortable. The place gets very busy during public holidays as it is the favourite picnic spot of many families where they come for a thrilling journey with their children. So if you are a person who don’t like crowded wadis, better plan the trip in weekdays.
The trip will be a comprehensive package that comprises:
- Transport to/from
- Water / soft drinks
- Picnic lunch
- First Aid
- Entrance fees
Day 1: Muscat – Bimmah Sink Hole – WadiShab – Muscat
- Followed by breakfast in the hotel, you will meet the Omani Guide at 8:00 a.m.
- The drive usually takes around 2 hours towards Wadi Shab
- On the way, we will take a halt at Sink Hole.
- After that we would continue our journey to Wadi Shab
- There we will take a walk of 45 minutes which would be lined with palm trees
- You can have your fun time in the many hidden pools ideal for swimming
- In the mean time, you can have picnic lunch during a short break.
- We will then walk back to parking lot and change the clothes
- Once everybody is ready, we will drive back to Muscat.
What to Bring/Wear?
- Sun cream, sunglasses, hat, camera or case!
- The clothes, cosmetics and other stuffs you usually take for a one night stay
- Include necessary items to survive cold weather during night
- A medium sized back- pack is a good option for travel and it should have option to carry your water
- Slippers or a sturdy water-proof footwear if you plan to go swimming
- Camera and water proof bag if you love to capture the scenic beauty
Timings to note:
- Pick-up at 8am – first Day
- Drop-off by 4 pm – First day